Monday, April 6, 2009

Balance

After feeling pretty good about myself and my reintroduction to running on Saturday, Sunday really was reminder of how unpredictable my body is. I woke up earlier than usual Sunday morning and was out on the road by 7:30. I was feeling pretty good, a little sore from the previous day but my energy was good. I started off running and before I even ran a half mile I knew today wasn't going to be a good day. My calves tightened up, my right knee started aching and the more I tried to push the worse it got. I was determined to get a least 1.5 in before I quit. I had to walk a lot of it but I did mange to get a mile and a half. Today my legs are a little sore and my lower back hurts. The good thing is that I am noticing that my muscles are toning up. My husband even commented that my behind is getting tighter this morning.

I guess the thing I need to try to remember is that I need to maintain a balance. I need to try and balance the good days with the bad ones. Remembering that as long as I am moving it really doesn't matter how far I go on a particular day. Just that I am out there trying.

I don't know what I'll do tonight besides watch the basketball game (Go Michigan State!)If I have the energy I'll try to run, if not I'll work out with my Wave. Remembering that some is better than none.

No comments: