Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tuesday Night Twofer

I didn't work out at all on Monday. I watched Michigan State lose the NCAA basketball tournament instead. They played hard until the end. They were just out matched by North Carolina.

Tuesday night I came home determined. My legs were still a little sore from my weekned runs so I thought working out with my Wave would help. There are lots of lunges and leg routines, I also get a pretty good upper body work out which I haven't had since last week. I did 30 minutes of scuplting and then prepared a salad and turkey burgers for supper. I had a quick bite and it was time for American Idol. I set the recumbent bike to tell me when I burned 400 calories. It took 15 miles with hills and 50 minutes to burn 400 calories. I slept very well last night.

I am not sure who will get booted off American Idol tonight. I have a couple of people in mind and I would not be hurt if they went home tonight.

I am planning to run tonight. I bought new shoes yesterday, Asic Gel Kahana 3. I know that these are an older version but they feel really good on my feet. I used them when I worked out last night. The shoes I wore Saturday and Sunday are my Pearl Izumis that I bought two springs ago. I don't know how many miles that they have on them. Probably just enough to make it time for new shoes. They are still wearable they just don't have the support I need for running. After I run I need to do some upper body work. I am starting to notice some definition in my arms. That feels nice.

The good thing is I can work my arms and watch AI and see who get voted off the show. Nothing like being able to multitask!

No comments: