Thursday, September 11, 2008

Slowly but surely

I've been gone for awhile. I started writing here when I began a women's running clinic last February. The important word there was "started". I didn't finish which is not like me at all. I have prided myself over the years in finishing everything that I start. Not this time.

I got involved with a project at work that required working late hours and as a result I had to miss several clinics and couldn't get my workout in between times. So, I dropped out. I tried running some afterward but just didn't have the motivation and it always felt like work.

My motivation for getting back on the road was this, I tried on a dress that used to fit loosely and couldn't get it zipped up!! Time to do something different. I had already started watching my calorie intake and am trying to eat healthier but at 44 years old that alone no longer works.

So, last night I put on the shoes and hit the road. I wanted to start slow and gave myself permission not to be too hard on myself for being a slacker for all these months. I did 2.20 miles and ran probably a little more than half of that. Better to do that than nothing at all.....right!?

My goal is to reach for at least two miles a night and increasing the distance that I run each time. Tonight I will push for more than half a mile, we will see how that goes.

I am excited to be back!

No comments: