Sunday, September 14, 2008

What the Heck?!

That's what my legs were saying this morning after only .66 miles. "You mean to tell us that you have been sitting on that big rear end of yours all summer and NOW you expect us to carry you while you attempt to get rid of some of it? NO WAY! We quit!" Then they did. I have never had shin splits that bad before. It seemed like the pain went all the way up my leg. I wasn't sure that I could even walk home. I was determined to get at leas 1.5 miles one way or the other. I tried running a couple of more times but there was no way. It is so strange that one day can feel so good and the next be so terrible. I guess maybe I am expecting too much too soon. I'll keep trying though. I think that I am going to go ride the bike for a little bit and burn a few more calories. That might help stretch the muscles in my calves out a little bit.

I'll hit the road again tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be nice all week. I'll just try to pace myself and give myself permission to gradually build back up my distance. I didn't get out of shape overnight and I won't get back in shape quickly either.

No comments: