Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm Still Here!

It has been crazy lately. Work has been insanely busy. This is always my busiest time of the year. It starts in January and doesn't end until the second week in May. About this time each year is crunch time. We are in the midst of planning a huge conference and I am the point person. It always turns out fine but until it is over I stay stressed. The night after it ends I usually unwind with a hot bath and a bottle of wine. Probably not the most healthy way but it works.

I started a new exercise program last night. I ordered it from an infomercial which is something I never do, at least not in the recent past. It is called The Wave. The system comes with a curved device that you must stand on and balance while going through various moves with and without hand weights. It comes with 4 work out videos ranging from 10 minutes to 40 minutes. I did a 10 minutes one and most of a 30 minutes one last night. I think that it is going to be good for me. I woke up this morning and my glutes were hurting. This is what it looks like.


The work out reminds me of Jazzercise. Lots of cardio along with weights. Many of the moves are the same as Jazzercise. I did Jazzercise for about 2 years. I lost weight and my husband told me that I was buff. Hopefully I can stick the routine out, drop a few pounds and maybe get back to running.

I have been walking during my lunch breaks at least two days a week. I always feel like I need to walk at least 3 miles. The route that I take starts by going downhill toward the river and the return is up hill all the way. The first couple of times I could really feel it in my hip flexors and calves.

I have 54 days until my beach trip. The good news is that I could button a pair of shorts this weekend that I wasn't able to 2 weeks ago. Surely in 54 days I can drop a few pounds and firm up a little.

I'll probably do the Wave again tonight. I'll do the ab work out and attempt the 40 minute cardio.

If I can move tomorrow I'll let you know how that goes.

1 comment:

Annette said...

That wave looks very interesting Teri!! I can't wait to see how you like it.
I really hate that your big conference crunch time is the same time as the WCR clinic!! I miss you!!