Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Resisting Temptation

Why does it seem like when you are trying to eat right and exercise that there are folks that want to sabotage your efforts? I really don't make that big of a deal about trying to do better but it almost feels like when people find out they go out of their way to put a stumbling block in the way. Today for example, I declined an invitation to go out for lunch and when I was pressured to go I mentioned that I am trying to eat better. I almost felt that I was being made fun of because of it. Then these same people brought cupcakes from a new bakery back with them. While they looked yummy, I once again declined. The response that I got was, "Well, you have been working out you deserve one". I am trying to change the way that I think about food. I don't want to look at food as a reward. My reward will be getting to that level of fitness and health that I deserve.

I worked out with my Wave on Sunday and again on Monday. I took off from work on Monday and worked in my yard all day after doing a 30 minute workout. I am beginning to notice that my muscles are starting to get more toned. I haven't lost any pounds yet but I think that my clothes are fitting better. I have a 40 minute workout planned for tonight.

No comments: